Beef and Broccoli
Featuring: Miller's Blend Extra Virgin Olive Oil and Maple Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 lb flank, tri-tip or sirloin steak thinly sliced against the grain
- 1 lb broccoli cut into florets
- 1/2 large white onion thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp Miller's Blend EVOO
- 1 cup beef broth low sodium
- 3 tbsp soy sauce I use Bragg's liquid aminos
- 2 tbsp Maple Balsamic Vinegar
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp garlic minced
- 1 tbsp ginger minced
- 1 green onion sprig, finely chopped & for garnish optional
- 2 tsp sesame seeds, for garnish optional
Prep all ingredients for beef and broccoli and start side dish like rice on the stove.
In a small bowl, add soy sauce, maple balsamic, garlic and ginger; whisk with a fork and set aside.
In a bowl, add beef, sprinkle with cornstarch and stir well to coat, using tongs.
Preheat large ceramic non-stick skillet on medium-high heat and swirl 1 tbsp Miller's blend EVOO to coat. Add half of beef and cook for about 3 minutes per side or until nicely browned. Transfer to a plate and set aside. Add remaining 1 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil and repeat this step with remaining half of meat.
Return skillet to high heat and add broth. Deglaze pan for about 2 minutes. Add broccoli and onion, stir and cook for about 3 minutes.
Add sauce and previously cooked beef. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook for 3-5 minutes, stirring often to combine everything and until sauce has thickened. Cornstarch from beef will incorporate with the sauce and thicken it. But don't cook too long to overcook the broccoli.
Garnish with green onion and sesame seeds. Serve hot over brown rice, quinoa or noodles of choice.