Autumn Salad with Sweet Potatoes
Featuring: Maple Balsamic, Red Apple Balsamic, and Tuscan Herb Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- For Salad
- 1 10 oz package of Spring Mix with Baby Spinach
- 1 Fuji apple cored and sliced thinly (any apple will do)
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/2 cup whole pecans, toasted 400 degrees for 10 minutes on a sheet pan
- 1/2 cup cooked, crumbled bacon
- 1 cups roasted cubed sweet potatoes one average size sweet potato
- Dressing Ingredients
- 1/4 cup Red Apple Balsamic vinegar
- 3/4 cup Tuscan Herb extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Maple balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice about half a lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Cube and peel sweet potatoes. Toss with 1 tablespoon olive oil.
Spread on foil or parchment covered baking sheet. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until soft and slightly brown on the edges. Cool.
In large salad bowl, add greens, blue cheese, sliced apple, pecans, bacon and chilled sweet potatoes.
Combine all dressing ingredients in a container or mason type jar and chill. Toss salad with dressing right before serving. You will not need all the dressing. Start with a 1/4 cup and add more as desired.