Cannellini Bean Salad
Featuring: Meyer Lemon Extra Virgin Olive Oil and Cucumber Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 cups dried cannellini beans, soaked overnight and drained
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 cup Cucumber Balsamic Vinegar
- 1⁄2 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 anchovy fillets in oil, drained and finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup of Meyer Lemon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 tbsp. roughly chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 6 scallions, thinly sliced
- 4 stalks celery
- 1 head radicchio, quartered and cored, leaves separated and torn in half
In a 4-qt. saucepan, combine the beans with 6 cups water and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to maintain a simmer and cook the beans until tender, about 45 minutes. Drain the beans, transfer to a bowl, and season with salt and pepper.
On a cutting board, using the side of your knife, press and smash the garlic with a pinch of salt until it forms a smooth paste. Scrape the paste into a bowl and stir in the Cucumber Balsamic vinegar and onion. Let the onions stand for 10 minutes and then whisk in the mustard and anchovies. While whisking, slowly drizzle in the Meyer Lemon Extra Virgin Olive Oil until the dressing emulsifies and then season with salt and pepper. Reserve 1⁄4 cup of the dressing and pour the remaining over the beans and toss to coat evenly.
In a small bowl, toss the reserved 1⁄4 cup dressing with the parsley, scallions, and celery and season with salt and pepper. On a large serving platter, arrange the radicchio in a single layer and top with the beans. Spoon the celery and scallions on top and serve immediately.