Spinach Salad with Blood Orange Vinaigrette
Featuring: Seven Barrels Blood Orange Olive Oil
- 2 to 3 large handfuls of baby spinach
- ¼ red onion, sliced thin
- ¼ cup roasted salted almonds
- 6 tablespoons Seven Barrels Blood Orange Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons red or white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon grainy or Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon honey
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- ½ teaspoon dried minced onion
- ½ teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Toss together spinach, onion and almonds in a large salad bowl.
In a small mixing bowl, slowly whisk together olive oil and vinegar, mustard, honey and seasonings until well blended into a dressing. Pour dressing over the salad and serve.
Note: You can also add some crumbled feta or goat cheese and sliced oranges to the salad for extra flavor.