Pear and Pumpkin Tart
Featuring: Pomegranate Balsamic Vinegar and Meyer Lemon Olive Oil
- 2 – 11’x16’ (12 ounce) frozen puff pastry sheets, thawed
- 1 cup Fontina cheese, shredded
- ½ (3 pound) sugar pumpkin, peeled, seeded, cut into ¼ inch thick slices
- 1 Bartlett pear, cut into ¼ inch thick slices
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 6 teaspoons Seven Barrels Meyer Lemon Olive Oil, divided
- 1 cup baby arugula
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh pomegranate seeds
- 2 teaspoons Seven Barrels Pomegranate Balsamic Vinegar
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
Unfold puff pastry sheets and place on two large baking sheets on parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Press to flatten and shape and score a ½ -inch border around the edges with a knife.
Peel, seed and slice pumpkin and slice the pear. Toss together in a mixing bowl with 4 teaspoons of Seven Barrels Meyer Lemon olive oil, salt and pepper to taste.
Sprinkle shredded cheese on to the prepared pastry sheet in a single layer, then spread pumpkin and pear mixture evenly on top, leaving a ½ inch border around the edges.
Bake each tart for 20 minutes until the pastry is golden brown and cool on a wire rack for about 10 minutes.
Top the tarts with arugula leaves, blue cheese and pomegranate seeds. Drizzle with additional teaspoon of Seven Barrels Meyer Lemon olive oil, and Seven Barrels Pomegranate Balsamic vinegar. Season tart with salt and pepper to taste.
Cut tarts into 5-6 squares or wedges and serve warm.
Makes 2 tarts, serving 4-6.
Note: Can substitute one Acorn Squash or ½ a Butternut Squash if Sugar Pumpkin is unavailable.