Bourbon Balsamic BBQ Burgers
- 1 pound ground beef (Angus / Kobe / Grass fed)
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon Seven Barrels Roasted Garlic olive oil
- 4 slices cheese (Cheddar, Monterey Jack or Muenster)
- 6-12 Fried Onion Rings
- 4 hamburger buns
Preheat a gas or charcoal grill to medium-high. Meanwhile, mix the ground beef with salt and pepper and make four patties, making an indentation in the center of each.
Brush the burgers with olive oil and grill for about 5 minutes, turning halfway through. Top each burger with a slice of cheese and cook another 1-2 minutes until cheese melts and burger is cooked through medium-rare or to your liking.
Place the burgers on buns and top with onion rings and Bourbon Balsamic BBQ sauce (recipe follows).
Makes 4 burgers.
Bourbon Balsamic BBQ Sauce
- 1 cup Seven Barrels Bourbon Balsamic Vinegar
- 3/4 cup Ketchup
- 1/3 cup Brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. Garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
In a saucepan, whisk all ingredients together and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer over medium heat for about 15 minutes or until sauce is nicely thickened.
Makes approx. 2 cups.