Tomato Spinach Ravioli Bake
1 bag (25oz) of fresh or frozen ravioli (use your favorite – we used Italian sausage)
12 oz marinara sauce
2 cups fresh spinach1 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley, for garnish
- 2 tablespoons Pomegranate Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Meyer Lemon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1. To make the tomato spinach ravioli bake recipe: Preheat your oven to 400ºF and grease a 9 x 13-inch baking dish. Quickly saute the spinach in a tablespoon of butter and Garlic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, then set aside.
2. Spread about 3/4 cup of the marinara sauce into the bottom of the prepared baking dish.
3. Arrange half of the frozen ravioli in a single layer over the sauce.
4. Drizzle a thin layer of Olive Oil and Balsamic Vinegar on top of the first layer and repeat for each layer you add.
5. Top with parmesan cheese and the sauteed spinach. Repeat the layers starting with what’s left of the ravioli. Finish by topping with the remainder of the sauce and parmesan. Sprinkle cracked pepper in between the layers, to taste.
6. Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil and bake for 20 minutes for fresh ravioli (30 minutes for frozen). Remove the foil and continue baking for about 2 minutes to crisp up the cheese. Garnish the tomato spinach ravioli bake with parsley, and then serve with garlic bread, salad or veggies.
7. Finish with a drizzle of pomegranate balsamic vinegar and garlic extra virgin olive oil. Enjoy!