Beet, Fennel & Orange Salad
Featuring: Seven Barrels Miller's Blend Olive Oil and Seven Barrels Traditional Balsamic Vinegar
- 3-4 medium beets, tops trimmed
- 2 medium navel oranges (or 1 blood orange, 1 navel)
- ½ fennel bulb, sliced crosswise with a mandoline
- ¼ red onion, sliced crosswise with a mandoline
- 1 shallot, sliced crosswise with a mandoline
- ½ c toasted pecans or ½ c shelled pistachio nuts
- ¼ c dried cranberries
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted & cubed
- ½ head Boston lettuce, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/4 c Seven Barrels Miller's Blend Olive Oil
- 1/3 cup Seven Barrels Traditional Balsamic Vinegar
- Juice of ½ lemon
Wash & trim beets. Wrap individually in foil and roast about 1 hour at 400-degrees, until tender. Let cool.
Peel oranges and slice crosswise. Peel cooled beets, slice 2 into thin rounds, the others into small wedges.
Layer at the bottom of bowl: lettuce, then beets & oranges, top with fennel, red onion, shallots, nuts & cranberries. Add optional avocado.
Drizzle dressing, season with salt & pepper. Enjoy!