Israeli Couscous with Arugula, Cherry Tomatoes and more
- 1 c Israeli Couscous
- Handful of Arugula
- 1 c cherry tomatoes, each cut in quarters
- 2 ears of corn, grilled, kernels sliced off
- 5 slices of bacon, cooked and diced (optional)
- ½ c (1/2 can) black beans, rinsed & drained
- 6 basil leaves, sliced into strips
- 1 Tbsp Seven Barrels Sweet Basil Olive Oil
- 3 Tbsp Seven Barrels Traditional Balsamic Vinegar
Fry couscous in olive oil for 2-3 minutes until lightly brown. Add salt & 1.25 cups of boiling water. Cover pan and cook on low heat for 6 minutes, stirring occasionally, until water is gone.
In a medium bowl, combine couscous, arugula, tomatoes, corn kernels, bacon, beans & basil. Drizzle oil & vinegar. Season with s&p.
Serves 4 as a side dish.