Stuffed Roasted Tomatoes
- 4 beefsteak or heirloom tomatoes
- Salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 cups Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 1 large clove garlic, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- A handful parsley, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons Seven Barrels Rosemary olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Seven Barrels Prickly Pear balsamic vinegar
Cut the tops off the tomatoes and use a spoon to remove the seeds. Carefully scoop the flesh into a bowl and season the tomatoes with salt and pepper. Combine the flesh with cheese, garlic and onion; re-stuff the tomatoes.
In another bowl, combine the breadcrumbs with oregano, fresh parsley and Parmesan cheese and Seven Barrels Rosemary olive oil. Pile crumbs on top of the stuffed tomatoes, packing them in. Place on a baking sheet and roast in a 425°F oven for 8-10 minutes until golden brown and the cheese is melted. Drizzle the baked stuffed tomatoes with Seven Barrels Prickly Pear Balsamic vinegar.