Peach and Tomato Gazpacho
- 2 cups of peaches, pitted and chopped (about 2 peaches)
- 4 cups of beefsteak or heirloom tomatoes, chopped (2 large tomatoes)
- 1 jalapeño, seeds removed, chopped
- 1 medium shallot, chopped
- 1 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Seven Barrels Rosemary olive oil
- 1 ½ tablespoons of Seven Barrels Prickly Pear balsamic vinegar
- salt & pepper (to taste)
- ¼ to 1/2 cup water
Place 2/3 of all the ingredients (except the water) into a blender or food processor, and blend until very smooth, about 1 minute. Add the jalapeño in a little at a time to desired heat, and season with salt and pepper to taste while blending.
Strain the liquid through a medium mesh sieve into a large container, pushing it through to remove the seeds and skin; discard solids. Stir in water to desired consistency.
Cover and refrigerate the remaining gazpacho for one hour up to one day. The longer you let the gazpacho sit, the better it will taste.
For the garnish: when you are ready to serve your gazpacho, place the remaining chopped ingredients in a mixing bowl and season lightly with salt and pepper and a drizzle of Seven Barrels Rosemary olive oil and Prickly Pear balsamic vinegar; toss to combine. Serve fresh salsa over gazpacho as a garnish.