Apple, Gouda, and Farro Salad
Featuring: Traditionale Balsamic and Herbes De Provence Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped walnuts
- 6 cups mixed greens
- 1 large apple core removed and sliced
- 6 oz. Gouda cheese sliced
- 1 cup cooked farro
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup Herbes De Provence Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp. traditonale balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp. honey
- 1 tsp. dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. minced shallot
- salt and pepper to taste
First, toast the walnuts. In a small skillet, toast the walnuts, over medium heat, stirring frequently. Cook until the walnuts turn brown and smell toasted. This will take about 5 minutes. Transfer to a small bowl to cool.
Place the greens in a large bowl. Top with sliced apples, Gouda cheese cubes, farro, dried cranberries, and toasted walnuts.
To make the vinaigrette, whisk together the olive oil, traditionale vinegar, honey, mustard, and shallot. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Drizzle the salad with the vinaigrette and gently toss. Serve!