Cauliflower Pasta with Tuscan Herb Extra Virgin Olive Oil and Raspberry Balsamic Vinegar
Featuring: Tuscan Herb Extra Virgin Olive Oil and Raspberry Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 Large eggs
- 6 tbsp of Tuscan herb Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- 1 1/2 tps ground coriander
- 1/2 tps (or more) crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 small red onion, finely diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large head of cauliflower (about 2 pounds), cored, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 3/4 tps kosher salt plus more for seasoning
- 2 cups whole wheat penne
- 2 oz. pecorino, grated
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1 tps (or more) lemon zest
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon toasted pine nuts
- 4 tbsp raspberry balsamic to finish
Place eggs in a small saucepan and add cold water to cover by 2". Bring water to a boil over high heat; immediately remove from heat and let eggs sit for 9 minutes. Transfer eggs to a bowl of ice water. Let cool completely; peel and coarsely grate. Set aside.
Heat 4 Tbsp. of tuscan herb extra virgin olive oil in a large heavy skillet over medium-low heat. Stir in coriander and red pepper flakes and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add onion, garlic, cauliflower, and 3/4 tsp. salt. Cook, stirring often, until cauliflower is golden brown, tender, and sweet, about 15 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
Meanwhile, cook penne in a large pot of boiling salted water, stirring occasionally, until al dente. Drain, reserving 1/3 cup pasta cooking water.
Return skillet with cauliflower to medium-high heat. Add reserved pasta cooking water and penne; toss gently to combine. Cook for 1 minute, then stir in reserved grated egg, cheese, parsley, and lemon zest and juice. Drizzle penne with remaining 2 Tbsp. of tuscan herb olive oil and season to taste with salt and more lemon zest, juice, and red pepper flakes, if desired. Divide among warm bowls and garnish with pine nuts.
finish by drizzling raspberry balsamic vinegar over mixture to your taste. We recommend 1 tbsp per serving