Walnut Raspberry and Cranberry Orzo
Featuring: Miller's Blend EVOO and Raspberry Balsamic Vinegar
- 1-1/4 cups uncooked orzo pasta
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1-1/2 teaspoons of Miller's Blend Extra Virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 tbsp of Raspberry Balsamic Vinegar
Cook orzo according to package directions. Meanwhile, saute red pepper and onion in Miller's Blend Extra Virgin Olive Oil until tender. Stir in the broth, cranberries and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
Drain orzo; toss with vegetable mixture. Sprinkle with walnuts and Parmesan cheese. Finish by drizzling Raspberry Balsamic over mixture letting it soak into the orzo.