Maple Balsamic Quinoa Salad
Featuring: Maple Balsamic
- 2 cups quinoa, rinsed
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup Seven Barrels Maple Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/3 cup agave syrup or honey
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries or dried cherries
- 1/2 cup chickpeas, rinsed
- 1/2 cup celery, diced
- Handful of baby arugula
- 1/2 cup raw chopped pecans, toasted
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp sea salt, plus additional to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Cook quinoa according to package directions. Let cool completely and fluff with a fork.
Prepare dressing: In a small bowl, whisk oil, maple Balsamic vinegar and agave or honey.
Add 3/4 cup dressing to quinoa. Stir in cranberries, chickpeas, celery, arugula, scallions and salt. Refrigerate for a couple hours to overnight to let the flavors blend together.
Toast chopped pecans in a small pan over medium heat until toasted and lightly browned.
To serve, stir in remaining 1/4 cup dressing, add pecans and season with additional salt and pepper to taste.