Sweet Basil Baked Cod with Summer Corn and Cherry Tomatoes
Preparation: 10 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
- 4 6-ounce cod fillets
- Kosher salt
- 1 cup sweet corn kernels
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 green onion (white and green parts), chopped
- ½ teaspoon crushed red chili, or to taste
- ¼ cup Seven Barrels Sweet Basil Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves, torn or sliced into ribbons
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Toss the corn, cherry tomatoes, garlic, green onion, chili, ½ teaspoon salt and 2 tablespoons of the olive oil in a medium bowl. Transfer to a 3-quart baking dish.
Season the cod generously on both sides with salt and nestle into the corn mixture in the baking dish.
Bake 20-25 minutes, until the cod is pure white and flakes easily with a fork.
Sprinkle the basil over the top and serve.