Brussels Sprouts with Bacon, Shallots & Balsamic
Featuring: Pomegranate Balsamic Vinegar and Meyer Lemon Olive Oil
- 5-6 slices of center-cut bacon or pancetta, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Seven Barrels Meyer Lemon Olive Oil
- 1 large shallot, sliced thin
- 2 pints Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- ¾ cup chicken broth
- 1-2 tablespoons Seven Barrels Pomegranate Balsamic Vinegar
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
Heat a large nonstick ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add bacon or pancetta and cook for about 5 minutes until it begins to brown. Remove bacon from pan with a slotted spoon, drain bacon grease from pan and set bacon aside.
Add a tablespoon of Seven Barrels Meyer Lemon Olive Oil to the same pan and return to medium-high heat. Stir in bacon, shallots and Brussels sprouts and sauté for 3 minutes.
Add minced garlic and sauté for another 2 minutes until garlic begins to brown. Pour in chicken broth, stirring in well and bring to a boil.
Cook sprouts for about 2 minutes until the broth evaporates and sprouts are tender. Place the skillet in the oven and broil for another 1-2 minutes until the Brussels sprouts are browned and crisp.
Remove from oven and drizzle with Seven Barrels Pomegranate Balsamic Vinegar and season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.